Trevillion sister jailed in weekend stabbing|[04/28/08]

Published 12:00 am Monday, April 28, 2008

Aletha TrevillionThe sister of four brothers charged with murder, one of whom has been convicted and is facing a life sentence, was in jail this morning on charges of stabbing a man in the back during the weekend.

The victim was treated and released from River Region Medical Center.

The Saturday charge against Aletha Trevillion, 33, 1310 China St., Apartment B, is the second she has faced since Anthony Trevillion, 30, was found guilty in a June 2007 killing and was automatically sentenced to life in prison.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

Charged with aggravated domestic violence in the early Saturday morning stabbing of Sylvester Smith, 30, who lived with her, Aletha Trevillion was being held in the Issaquena County Jail without bond this morning, said Lt. Bobby Stewart of the Vicksburg Police Department.

She had been charged April 18 with obstructing justice for threatening a witness in Anthony Trevillion’s trial and had been released on a $30,000 bond.

Anthony Trevillion’s trial ended April 16. He, along with three of his brothers, were arrested for killing Justin Maurice Harris, 25, on June 17 at a home at 1224 Grammar St. Trials were pending for the three bothers, Alonzo Trevillion, 35, Armond Trevillion, 28, and Matthew Nash, 29. Thirty-two-year-old Rufus Armstrong, who is not related, will also be tried.

A life sentence is statutory for murder in Mississippi. Anthony Trevillion is scheduled to be sentenced Friday on additional charges of which he was found guilty, including possession of a firearm while a felon and shooting into an occupied dwelling.

A notice of appeal was filed after the conviction. He said a person known only as “Killer C” from New Orleans was in town and fired the fatal shot at Harris.