Three cars vandalized at Pemberton parking lot|CRIME & ACCIDENT
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, September 24, 2008
From staff reports
Windows of three vehicles were reported broken out this morning in the parking lot of Pemberton Square mall.
Vicksburg Police Department reports showed a 1992 Toyota Corolla was hit at 2:51, a silver Chevrolet was hit at 3:04 and a silver 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser was hit at 3:08.
Email newsletter signup
Sgt. Sandra Williams said this morning no arrests had been made.
Two people injured in two wrecks
Two people were injured in two wrecks in Vicksburg Tuesday.
Ernest Campbell, 48, Jackson, was treated and released from River Region Medical Center, spokesman Allen Karel said, after he was involved in a one-car wreck on Interstate 20 east of Bovina.
In the second wreck, Dan Hall, 28, 245 W. Race St., Rolling Fork, was a passenger in one of two cars in a wreck in the 13000 block of U.S. 61 North.
Hall was treated and released, Karel said. No investigative information was available on either wreck.
City woman charged with acquisition by fraud
A Vicksburg woman was arrested at her home Tuesday and charged with acquisition by fraud.
Bond for Susan Barnett, 44, 1447 Parkside Drive, was set at $1,500 on charges that she illegally obtained prescription drugs.
The arrest was at 7:38 a.m. and she was due for her initial appearance in Vicksburg Municipal Court this afternoon, said Susan Ebeling, criminal intelligence analyst with the Vicksburg Police Department.
Guns, trailers, copper among missing items
Numerous thefts were reported in Vicksburg and Warren County Monday, Tuesday and today.
• A .22 caliber Stevens rifle and a .22 caliber Ruger rifle were reported missing at 4 this morning from the 100 Block of Muirfield Drive. Their value was $200.
• In the 4300 block of Shenandoah Road, a 5-by-8-foot utility trailer and a 5-by-9-foot footbed trailer were reported missing during daylight hours.
• A vacant mobile home was damaged and 20 feet of copper valued at $100 was reported stolen at 2:07 a.m. Tuesday in the 40 block of Ironwood Drive.
• A book bag and two books valued at $224 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 700 block of Mississippi 27 at 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
• More than $3,200 in rims and tires for 18-wheelers were reported missing at 12:04 p.m. Monday from Falco Lime, 1543 Haining Road.
• A DVD player valued at $40 and coins were missing in a residential burglary reported at 5:24 a.m. Tuesday on King’s Crossing street.
From Court Reports
Nine found guilty
Nine convictions of driving under the influence were recorded in Warren County during the week that ended Tuesday:
Convicted of first offense DUI in Vicksburg Municipal Court and their fines are:
• Erica Brewer, 28, 119 Lovers Lane, fined $641.
• Johnny Smith, 26, 217 Greenbriar Drive, $661.
• Kevin Wilson, 26, 585 Joyce Lane, $681.
• Dale Wyman Wagner, 42, 2310 Oak St., $681.
• Kellie Joiner, 24, 1208 Westwood Road, Natchez, $681.
Convicted of first offense DUI in Warren County Justice Court and their fines are:
• Tommie Beacham, 60, 2060 Belnap Road, Edwards, $641.50.
• Linda Harris, 55, 6011 Pear Orchard Road, Jackson, $671.50.
• Cessna Patrick, 26, 1835 Belmont Road, Utica, $641.50.
• Archer Price, 44, 411 Arbor Vista Blvd., Jackson, $671.50.