How they did
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, November 18, 2008
A look at how college football players with ties to the Vicksburg area did in games played over the weekend:
* Millsaps linebacker Marcus Stokes (Vicksburg High) had six solo tackles, five assists, three tackles for loss and 1 1/2 sacks in a 31-14 win over Birmingham Southern on Saturday.
* Millsaps defensive back Marcus Harris (VHS) had two solo tackles, three assists, and returned an interception 61 yards for a touchdown to help the Majors cap a10-0 regular season.
Email newsletter signup
* Millsaps linebacker John Robert Burnett (St. Aloysius) assisted on one tackle.
* Mississippi College linebacker Quartez Ashmore (VHS) had two solo tackles in a 52-7 rout of Texas Lutheran.
* Mississippi State wide receiver Delmon Robinson (VHS) returned one kickoff for 22 yards in a 32-7 loss at No. 1 Alabama.
* Southern Illinois running back Larry Warner (Warren Central) was named Missouri Valley Conference special teams player of the week after amassing 269 all-purpose yards in a 38-35 win over South Dakota State. Warner carried the ball 19 times for 76 yards, with a 2-yard TD run; caught six passes for a team-high 73 yards; returned one punt for 12 yards; and had 108 yards on two kickoff returns, including an 89-yard runback for a touchdown.