Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen agenda items
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 16, 2008
On the agenda
Meeting Monday, the Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen, in the absence of South Ward Alderman Sid Beauman:
* Presented trophies to winners of the 2008 Christmas Parade of Lights and Downtown Vicksburg Window Display Contest.
Email newsletter signup
* Received bids for insurance proposals from Hennessey, Thames and Leavitt of Vicksburg and Mississippi Municipality Service Company of Jackson.
* Awarded a contract for various tree trimming and removal work around the city to Buckelew Tree Service of Starkville.
* Approved a budget amendment in the capital improvement Cypress Center fund to transfer $16,974.86 from the services category to the capital category.
* Adopted an ordinance to amend the provisions of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Vicksburg, specifically Ordinance 71-8, Section 201 and Section 408.9(1) as amended, to allow advertising signs on NRoute public transit buses, benches and bus stop shelters and for other matters.
* Authorized the mayor to sign a $2,000 professional services agreement with Charles Anderson for fiscal year 2009 for work on the Port Security Grant Program.
* Authorized the mayor to sign an agreement with United Way and Good Shepherd for the fiscal year 2009 Child Care and Development Fund Program, and to execute the fiscal year 2009 CCDF grant program agreement.
* Discussed a dilapidated building and overgrown lot at 1706 Military Ave., owned by the state of Mississippi, and authorized Building and Inspection Director Victor Gray-Lewis to proceed to cut, clean and demolish properties.
In executive session, the board:
* Approved two action forms in the police and strategic planning departments.
* Discussed a personnel matter in the police department.
The next meeting will be at 10 a.m. Dec. 24 in room 109 of the City Hall Annex, 1415 Walnut St.