City-owned laptop missing from VFD

Published 12:00 am Friday, January 30, 2009

A city-owned laptop was reported missing Thursday afternoon from Central Fire Station.

An HP Pavilion laptop, valued at $1,150, was reported missing at 11:30 a.m. from an office inside the station, 1630 Walnut St., said Lt. Bobby Stewart of the Vicksburg Police Department.

The laptop was used by three battalion chiefs, a worker at the station said this morning. Stewart said he did not know if any sensitive information was stored in the laptop.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

Separately, an auto burglary was reported at 7:41 a.m. Thursday in the 300 block of Enchanted Drive. A Pioneer Exploder Speaker set valued at $450, a Pioneer amplifier valued at $500 and a Sony AM/FM CD player valued at $250 were stolen from a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

A residential burglary was reported at 12:20 p.m.  Thursday in the 300 block of Bazinsky Road where $20 was stolen, said Stewart.

City woman charged with drug-trafficking

A Vicksburg woman was arrested Thursday on drug-trafficking charges.

Mary Ann Buck, 53, 20 Water Well Road, was arrested at 10:26 a.m. at her home for possession of a controlled substance and sale of a controlled substance, said Lt. Bobby Stewart. 

Her arrest was the result of an undercover investigation by the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and Vicksburg police, Stewart said.

She was released on $10,000 bond. 

Pregnant woman injured in wreck

A pregnant Vicksburg woman was treated and released from a hospital Thursday after a two-vehicle wreck on U.S. 61 South near Warrenton Road.

Avis Johnson, 20, 102 Linda Drive, was traveling south when her Pontiac G-6 and a 2004 Honda Accord collided, said Vicksburg policeman Bobby Jones.

The driver of the Honda was not identified.

A River Region Medical Center spokesman said Johnson was treated and released.