Vicksburg Warren School District board of trustees agenda items
Published 12:00 am Friday, August 28, 2009
Meeting Thursday, the Vicksburg Warren School District board of trustees:
• Approved minutes of their July 30 meeting.
• Accepted donations benefiting Vicksburg Junior High School: $100 from Chuck’s and $100 from Barnes Windshield for the boys’ basketball program and $75 from Outlets of Vicksburg for the cheerleading program; and benefiting Warren Central High School: $150 from Outlets of Vicksburg for the varsity and ninth-grade cheerleading program.
Email newsletter signup
• Approved donations of 52 computers and 55 flat-screen monitors from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for various classrooms in the district; swing sets valued at $5,400.79 from the Bovina Elementary School PTO; and carpet valued at $400 from Jim and Stephanie Stirgus for the Vicksburg High School Missy Gators locker room.
• Approved amendments to the 2009-2010 budget.
• Approved the accounts payable claims docket for August.
• Approved the following personnel matters: extra-duty compensation for July; recommendations to fill certified positions; changes in certified staff positions; acceptance of resignations; change in status for federal programs employees; substitute teacher list; recommendations to fill classified staff positions; and a pay increase of $3,000 annually for Federal Programs Firector Dr. Susan Bentley. The increase will allow Bentley to spend part of her workday on district matters, as her previous pay had limited her to only federal-program-related duties, said Deputy Superintendent Dr. John Walls.
• Approved out-of-state travel for Vicksburg High School and Warren Central High School athletics; WCHS color guard and percussion band members; Vicksburg Intermediate School staff; and WCHS Naval JROTC members.
• Approved a change on a lease agreement for 16th Section lands.
• Approved three sole-source purchase agreements for Fast Forward software, Renaissance Learning portable reading labs and Innovative Learning Concepts ToughMath products.
• Approved bus turnaround repair requests.
• Approved disposal of surplus items from the Child Nutrition department.
• Approved buying a 1/2-ton pickup from a state contract for $15,000.
• Awarded a bid to Blackburn Motors, the sole bidder, for the lease of drivers education vehicles at a monthly cost of $407 for midsize and $457 for full size.
• Approved a 2009-2010 budget resolution.
• Approved the final resolution authorizing borrowing of $3 million in interest-free bonds for construction projects at Warrenton Elementary and VJHS.