Fall fling events
Published 12:00 am Saturday, October 3, 2009
• The 27th Annual Old Court House Flea Market will run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Court Square, and feature 150 booths and 15 food vendors. The museum will be open for tours at $5 for adults, $4.50 for seniors and $3 for children.
• The 15th Annual Vicksburg Fall Festival featuring sidewalk sales, live music, exhibitions and activities for children will be downtown from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entertainment will be at River Stage Plaza in the 1300 block of Washington Street and exhibitions will be in the River Stage parking lot unless otherwise noted.
Email newsletter signup
• 10 a.m.— ATA Blackbelt
• 10:30 a.m. — Shape-up Sisters Zumba and salsa classes
• 11 a.m. — Tang Soo Do
• 11:30 a.m. — Vicksburg Twirlers
• Noon — Vicksburg Performing Arts Company
• Noon — Risque Business, at Corner Drug Store parking lot
• 12:15 p.m. — Rewind
• 1 p.m. — Chris Gill
• 2 p.m. — Rhythm Kings
• 3 p.m. — Osgood and Blaque
• 4 p.m. — King Edward
Vicksburg Farmers’ Market and Jacob’s Ladder will be set up at Crawford Square, selling hot chocolate and hot spiced tea in a jar.
Washington Street will be closed to traffic between Veto and Grove streets.
The Cairo Museum will unveil a bust of former National Park Service chief historian Edwin C. Bearss at 1 p.m. in front of the restored Union gunboat in the Vicksburg National Military Park.