Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen agenda items
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Meeting Monday, the Vicksburg Board of Mayor and Aldermen:
• Approved minutes from Sept. 30, Oct. 5 and 9.
• Accepted a grant and hired Dean Anderson for the annual program aimed at education and enforcement of seat belt and child restraint compliance.
Email newsletter signup
• Agreed with Zoning Administrator Dalton McCarty to alter the rental rules for community event signs to allow more events to be advertised on city signboards for a longer time.
• Approved a $100 sponsorship for the Vicksburg YMCA for its 10K run, 5K walk and 1 mile fun run through downtown Vicksburg on Jan. 16.
• Tabled a request from Sylvester Walker for $500 for a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr./Black History Month parade. The board said it needed clarification on whether it can give money for a parade.
• Approved a request from Mu Xi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. for a $250 advertisement for its 30th anniversary souvenir booklet.
• Approved $100 for the NAACP for an ad in its 13th annual Freedom Fund Celebration souvenir booklet.
• Approved free use of the City Auditorium from the Vicksburg Warren School District for a science fair on Feb. 22-24, a reading fair on Jan. 25-26 and choir practice and performance on Mar. 22-24.
In closed session, the board:
• Approved four pay adjustments for employees at the water treatment plant and one for a human resources employee.
• Discussed a personnel matter at the water treatment plant and one in the water maintenance department.
• Rescinded a transfer and accepted a resignation in the fire department.