Warren County supervisors agenda items
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Meeting Monday, Warren County supervisors:
• Accepted a $92,033.17 estimate by Midcontinent Express Pipeline to repave and restripe parts of six roads — Dana, Fisher Ferry, Shady Grove, Halls Ferry, Nine Mile Cut Off and Bovina Cut Off — with damage from the gas pipeline’s construction. Dana and Nine Mile Cutoff roads will be resurfaced first, with sections of Halls Ferry Road and Bovina Cutoff Road to be addressed during the spring.
• Awarded contracts to Jackson-based G&K Services for the road department uniform rentals at $112,225.20 annually and to Adapco Inc., for mosquito control at $100.64 per gallon container. The board also decided to renew existing term contracts with Pell’s Lawn Care for lawn maintenance, Spraymax for herbicide application services, APAC Mississippi for asphalt, Custom Products for road signs, Vulcan Signs for sign posts, Amy Sojourner Inc. for washed gravel and Brown Transport for clay gravel.
Email newsletter signup
District 3 Supervisor Charles Selmon voted against renewals of all except asphalt, citing a desire to bid out the services every year.
Supervisors agreed to advertise for bids on service contracts due for poly pipe and supplies, concrete products and rip rap and related products.
• Authorized a $6,382.55 check to Engineering Resource Group Inc. for mechanical engineering services for the Department of Energy stimulus grant program.
Warren County has been awarded $212,800 in funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to install energy-efficient windows in Warren County Vicksburg Library and at the Board of Supervisors building.
• Authorized the board president to sign renewal documents to the Excess Loss Reinsurance Policy.
• Authorized travel for supervisors, county administrator and road manager to attend the Mississippi Association of Supervisors midwinter conference in Jackson and for members of the Election Commission to attend training in Jackson from Jan. 27-29.
• Approved two subcontractor requests by Fordice Consruction on a contract to replace a bridge along Mallet Road, one $2,904 and the other $10,908.
• Recognized Road Manager Richard Winans and road department employee Elmer Nielsen for 20 years and 15 years of service, respectively.