Tallulah woman dies in 1-car wreck

Published 12:51 am Sunday, May 2, 2010

A 26-year-old Tallulah woman died in a one-car wreck on U.S. 80 near Mound, La., on Friday night, Louisiana State Police public affairs officer Trooper Mark Dennis said.

Stephanee David, address unknown, was traveling west in a 2004 Dodge Neon when she lost control of the car, veered off the left side of the road into a ditch, became airborn and hit an embankment, Dennis said.

The crash was discovered around 7:45 p.m. Friday but is thought to have occurred sometime after 2 a.m., when David left her job in Madison Parish, the last place she was seen. Sheriff’s deputies had investigated a missing person report on David.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

David was not wearing a seat belt, authorities said. Routine alcohol and other toxicology tests were ordered.

Louisiana State Police Troop F Troopers have investigated 10 fatal crashes in 2010, including two recent motorcycle crashes on Interstate 20 in Madison Parish.

VPD on lookout for assault suspects

Two men were being sought by Vicksburg police Saturday after separate assaults were reported, Chief Walter Armstrong said.

Lee Sherman Yates, age unavailable, 712 Speed St., is suspected of assaulting John Ragsdale, age and address unavailable, Friday around 6:45 p.m., Armstrong said.

Ragsdale said Yates cut his face with a knife during a fight at Yates’ residence, Armstrong said.

Ragsdale was taken to River Region Medical Center where he was treated and released, the Chief said.

Early Saturday morning, Larry Anderson, age and address unavailable, told police he was hit in the head by an unknown object in the 900 block of Fifth North Street, Armstrong said.

Anderson did not see his attacker but recognized the voice, said the Chief.

He was admitted to University Medical Center, where he was in good condition, said UMC spokesman Bruce Coleman.

Hungry thieves leave 1/2 hot dog at scene

Hot dogs and sodas were reported stolen from a city business early Saturday morning, said police Chief Walter Armstrong.

The owner of the Hot Dog Man, 1710 Monroe St., said two sodas and 1 1/2 hot dogs were missing.

A half-eaten hot dog was left behind.