Family thankful after house fire

Published 12:06 pm Thursday, December 2, 2010

Scott and Tammy Hosemann’s furniture and clothes and their children’s toy’s were destroyed in a fire late Tuesday night, but the family’s focus Wednesday and today is on their health and their chance to start again.

“It’s that my family got out,” Tammy Hosemann said Wednesday afternoon from the waiting room of the intensive care unit at River Region Medical Center, where her husband, Scott Hosemann, 40, was being treated for burns received in the fire at the family’s home at 2902 Drummond St. “None of that stuff matters at all.”

Tammy Hosemann, 39, and the couple’s three children, Robert, 14, Ezekiel “Zeke”, 12, and Sarah Katherine, 2, were treated at River Region for smoke inhalation after the fire was reported at about 10 p.m.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month