Fire damages home on Eastover Drive

Published 11:39 pm Friday, February 25, 2011

A grease fire badly damaged a kitchen in an apartment building on Eastover Drive around 11:30 Friday morning, Vicksburg Fire Department investigator Leslie Decareaux said.

Two sisters, Christina, 23, and Kristy Miller, 21, 125 Eastover Drive, Apt. M2, were home with Christina’s 1-year-old son, Jamari, when an unattended cooking pot caught fire. The two women and a neighbor, Patrick Harris, attempted to douse the blaze with fire extinguishers but it was already out of hand.

The Vicksburg Fire Department arrived minutes later, extinguished the blaze and stayed for about 45-minutes.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month