Fire damages kitchen on Gibson Road

Published 12:30 am Sunday, May 29, 2011

A kitchen fire in a home at 5551 Gibson Road caused minor damages and no injuries Saturday, Fisher Ferry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Tommy Stewart said.

Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour after the call was dispatched at 2:23 p.m., Stewart said.

A resident was cooking and cabinets caught on fire, probably from grease in a pan, he said.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

Damage was limited to the kitchen.

Firefighters from the Culkin volunteer department also responded, he said.