Vicksburg Warren School District Board of Trustees agenda items
Published 11:39 am Friday, July 1, 2011
• Approved minutes from May 26 regular board meeting and June 1 called meeting.
• Accepted a donation of $500 from the American Legion Post 24-Hattiesburg for NJROTC marksmanship program camp for Warren Central High School.
• Approved amendments to the 2010-11 budget and accounts payable claims docket for June.
• Approved personnel matters: compensation for extra duties, May; employment for classified personnel; certified staff hires; change in status for classified personnel; substitute, mentors and tutors for hire; salary schedules for certified staff; salary schedules for licensed employee and teacher assistant; and change in status for certified staff.
• Approved changes to capital assets.
• Approved a bid from Blackburn Motor Company to lease driver education vehicles; received no bids for diesel fuel; awarded the Sanitation and Safety Training, Service, Materials and HACCP Development Training bid to SFS Pac/PortionPace, the only distributor to submit a bid.
• Accepted DGA new board policy regarding fund balance reporting.
• Approved GCA for custodial services for Beechwood Elementary School and Instructional Services.
• Approved transferring $6,149.43 of the 2010 checking interest earned from the 16th Section interest and principal funds.
• Approved request to transfer funds from 16th Section interest account to the District Maintenance for the purchase of 19 new school buses at a cost of $1,376,634.05. The district has 152 buses in its fleet and will be retiring 24 buses purchased from 1988 and 1992.
• Approved land improvements for 2011-12 school year.
• Approved an agreement with Sen. Briggs Hopson to continue legal services.
• Approved a state and local disaster assistance agreement and designated child nutrition director Gail Kavanaugh as the district’s representative.
• Adopted the Alliance for a Healthier Generation program for all schools.
In executive session, the board:
• Discussed a student matter.