Cloudy skies in forecast for Tuesday voting

Published 11:35 am Monday, November 7, 2011

Cloudy skies are in the forecast when voters go to the polls Tuesday, but no rain is expected until after the precincts across the state close for the last time in 2011.

Highs will be near 80 degrees with a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. Chances will increase to 80 percent after 10 p.m., and the rain is expected to clear out by Wednesday evening, with the nighttime temperature cooling to 39 degrees.

“We have some big decisions to make on Nov. 8,” said Pamela Weaver, communications director for Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann. “We hope everyone takes advantage of what is forecast to be beautiful weather for the state and heads to the polls on Election Day.”

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month