Warren County Board of Supervisors agenda items

Published 11:38 am Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Meeting Tuesday:

• Accepted an order from Ninth Circuit Judge Isadore Patrick raising the pay of court administrator Melanie Sanders by $3,000 annually.

Previously, the position had paid $51,000. Warren County picks up 74.28 percent of the $3,000 raise, with Sharkey and Issaquena counties picking up the remaining 25.72 percent.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

The board agreed to send a letter to both circuit judges asking such orders be made only during midsummer talks before an operating budget is set.

• Approved $43,818.36 in invoices from County Engineer John McKee for engineering services.

• Approved $7,706 in legal invoices from board attorney Randy Sherard.

• Extended a contract with CBM Foods to provide food for Warren County jail inmates.

• Accepted offers from APAC Mississippi, Delta Industries, Delta Stone and Lafarge on term contracts on concrete, asphalt, riprap and limestone.

• Approved re-naming part of Velton Lane. The east side of the south Warren County road will become Yorktown Cove.