Man injured in cooking fire

Published 11:18 am Friday, March 30, 2012

A Vicksburg man was injured Thursday night when food he was cooking on the stove in his apartment caught fire, Warren County fire administrator Kelly Worthy said.

He said the fire occurred about 9:15 p.m.

He said Mario Lamela, no age available, 629 U.S. 80, Apartment 4, was burned as he tried to move the pan of burning food from the stove to the kitchen sink.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month

He went to River Region Medical Center in a personal vehicle before Culkin and Bovina volunteer firefighters arrived.

His condition was not available this morning.

Worthy said the fire was contained to the stove and a cabinet in the kitchen.