Five say guilty, sentenced
Published 1:01 am Saturday, March 31, 2012
In Warren County Circuit Court for the week ending Friday:
• Lukeshia Cottrell, 35, 10145 Mississippi 22, Bolton, pleaded guilty to embezzlement and was sentenced by Judge Isadore Patrick to five years’ probation, a $1,000 fine, $12,000 restitution and $322.50 in court costs. Cotrell was indicted July 28.
• James L. Davis, 32, 104 Elm St., pleaded guilty to sale of a controlled substance and was sentenced by Judge M. James Chaney to three years in prison followed by five years’ probation, a $5,000 fine and $922.50 in court costs. Davis was indicted Nov. 2.
Email newsletter signup
• Billy Joe Love, 29, 609 Redbone Road, pleaded guilty to two counts of grand larceny and was sentenced by Patrick to five years’ probation, a fine of $1,000, $17,9111 restitution and $645 in court costs. Love was indicted July 28.
• Dennis Edwin Richie, 1033 Mott Headley Road, Port Gibson, pleaded guilty to possession of precursor chemicals and was sentenced by Patrick to 9th Circuit Drug Court for a period not to exceed five years, a fine of $5,000 and $1,497.50 in court costs. Richie was indicted July 27.
• Steven Thomas, 40, 1213 Randolph St., pleaded guilty to third offense driving under the influence and was sentenced to 9th Circuit Drug Court for a period not to exceed five years, a fine of $2,000 and $1,997.50 in court costs. Thomas was indicted July 27.