Warmer weather may set your thoughts to delicious fruit desserts, but you don’t have to wait until cherries and berries are in season.
Published 6:44 am Saturday, June 2, 2012
(NAPSI)Warmer weather may set your thoughts to delicious fruit desserts. Jump-start your spring with plenty of luscious Duncan Hines Comstock or Wilderness Pie Fillings. These fillings deliver fresh delectable flavor to a variety of tasty desserts. For more delicious recipes, visit www.piefilling.com.
Lemon Raspberry Cream Roll
Email newsletter signup
1 lemon sponge cake, prepared in a 10x15x1-inch jelly roll pan
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1 can Duncan Hines Comstock or Wilderness Raspberry Fruit Filling, divided
1 carton (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. While cake is still warm, loosen edges and turn cake out onto a towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
2. Roll up towel and cake starting from short end. Allow to cool on baking rack. Unroll cake and remove towel.
3. In medium mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and half of the raspberry filling. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Spread evenly onto cake to within half-inch of edges. Roll up cake. Cover in plastic wrap and chill 1 to 2 hours.
5. Before serving, cut into slices and spoon remainder of fruit filling over each slice.
Cherry Vanilla Ribbon Pie
1 (9- or 10-inch) baked pie crust
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
cup cold water
1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla-flavor pudding mix
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 (21-oz.) can Duncan Hines Comstock or Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling, chilled
1. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. On low speed, beat in water and pudding mix until smooth.
2. Chill 10 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
3. Spread half the pudding mixture in prepared crust; top with half the cherry pie filling. Repeat. Chill 2 hours or until set. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate (NAPSI)