Parent fair to be part of next baby shower
Published 12:08 pm Wednesday, June 28, 2017
A group of local businesses and community organizations are again coming together host the second annual Community Wide Baby Shower.
A collaboration of the United Way of West Central Mississippi, Excel by 5, alumni from the Vicksburg-Warren County Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Class and River Region Merit Health is looking to repeat the success from the first baby shower held in 2015.
“The community request for another baby shower has been overwhelming, and we know many supporters want to donate items for our agency resource closets,” planners said in a release announcing the second baby shower. “We are excited to see this great partnership continue and look forward to you support.”
Email newsletter signup
Organizers are encouraging groups to begin collecting items now and then plan to deliver those items to River Region Merit Health by July 21 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
The items collected will then be divided among United Way Partner Agencies who provide parenting classes for parents of children under the age 5.
In addition to the donations and distributions, this baby shower will also include a parent resource fair, scheduled for July 21 from noon to 6 p.m.
Groups are organizing 12 stations for the resource fair to include:
- Merit Health River Region Services — (OB/Pediatric/EDU)
- Merit Health River Region Breast Feeding /Lactation Services
- Merit Health River Region Formula Preparation
- Child Safety — Travel/Sleep/Home
- Developmental Milestones
- Momma Said There Would be Days Like This — postpartum depression, mental health, couples counseling
- Resources for Parenting Classes
- Baby Let’s Move — Healthy Pregnant and Postpartum Mothers
- Creating Lasting Memories
- Prenatal Nutrition — Fit Pregnancy and Baby
- United Way & Excel by 5 -Partner Resource Guide, Early Reading, Growth Charts
For more information contacted the United Way of West Central Mississippi at 601-636-1733.