Warren County man falls on downed line, electrocuted
What appears to have been a tragic accident around faulty electrical work claimed the life of a Warren County man Monday morning.
At around 7:20 a.m., deputies with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the 3000 block of Scott Road for a report of a possible electrocution.
When there, deputies discovered the body of Michael Slade Williams, 49, lying across a downed power line. Warren County Coroner Doug Huskey pronounced Williams dead at the scene and ordered the body transported to Jackson for an autopsy.
Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace said Williams was reportedly out working in the yard, when he appears to have tripped over an exposed electrical line and fell on the line causing the electrocution.
Pace said Williams had approved power service coming to a nearby pole and meter, but the the service between the meter and Williams’ home appeared to have been done by Mr. Williams himself.
Pace said the incident is being investigated as an accident, as there was no evidence of foul play.
Some kind of vegetation is growing from the roof of a vacant home at 1218 Harrison St., and the grass... read more