Woman injured in Saturday night shooting on Ethel Street
Published 1:48 pm Monday, October 28, 2019
Investigators with the Vicksburg Police Department are continuing to investigate a shooting late Saturday that left one Vicksburg woman shot in the leg.
According to reports, officers responded to the 1500 block of Ethel Street just before 10 p.m. for a call of shots fired and a shooting victim.
The victim, a female, suffered a gunshot wound to her left thigh after witnesses said multiple shots were fired at the home.
Email newsletter signup
Officials said the woman was outside the home at the time of the shooting. Two bullet holes were found in the front door of the home.
The victim was transported to Merit Health River Region by private vehicle for treatment.
Investigators are continuing to interview witnesses, but no suspect or suspects have been identified.
Additional crime reports:
- On Sunday, a complainant came to the police station to report someone had broken into his 2008 GMC Sierra near the intersection of First North and Harrison Streets. A .40 caliber handgun and his wallet were taken.
- On Sunday, officers responded to an address on Adams Street, where a complainant reported that his 2003 Ford Mustang was missing from his residence.
- On Sunday, officers responded to Saving Soul MB Church, 522 Locust St., in reference to an auto burglary. The complainant reported her purse and a .38 caliber handgun were taken.
- On Sunday, officers responded to a call for service about a residential burglary in the 900 block of Polk Street. The homeowner reported that a PlayStation 4 and one game had been taken.
- On Sunday, officers responded to an address in the 2700 block of Alcorn Drive concerning someone shooting into a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
- On Sunday, officers responded to the area of Drummond and Realty Streets in reference to shots having been fired in the vicinity. When they arrived, the officers saw no signs of suspicious activity.