Bathroom heater causes house fire on North Washington Street

Published 1:32 pm Friday, February 10, 2023

The Vicksburg Fire Department responded to a house fire on Washington Street near the intersection of Highway 61 North around 9 a.m. on Friday.

Captain Robert Belk stated the fire was started by a bathroom heater. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze, which caused damage to the bathroom and an adjacent closet.

Damage to the structure was limited and no injuries were reported.

Email newsletter signup

Sign up for The Vicksburg Post's free newsletters

Check which newsletters you would like to receive
  • Vicksburg News: Sent daily at 5 am
  • Vicksburg Sports: Sent daily at 10 am
  • Vicksburg Living: Sent on 15th of each month